Monday, April 6, 2009

PIKOM Kuching 2009

My PIKOM access card - front view

Just came back an hour ago after our midnight dinner at Ho Say Liao.
It's kinda tiring but only for the money.

This is my 1st official part time in Kuching, other than selling PC accessories at school for extra pocket money. Promised of RM 50 per day, yet include extra commissions for selling something. I mean in the PC Fair of course.


Day 1 - Saturday (4/4)

I was 1st assigned in the Dell laptop department, but later on I went to accompany ASUS laptops... However I fell in love into those Uniquely-Designed 'little precious'.

At 1st those laptops were in dull mode. People just looked at them roughly and then went away without asking or emotions to display.

It was just... boring.


Then someone came and play with it's built-in 1.3 webcam. That was when all things started to warm up a bit. Almost everyone passing through there were laughing.

Then I was curious. It was a facial lock-on program (similar to Sony's), that adding special effects on people's face while in photo taking mode. I saw mustaches on laptop screen.

Tactic time! (Actually I saw this kind of strategy back in my hometown, but I wasn't impressed by it.)

So I did a bit of configurations to lure in more people. It worked as magic. I generated more happy people instead of customers. Cause they all had their eyes on Dell laptops... which was in the same booth, just beside me.

I met a hokkien speaking auntie with her future civil engineer son from UCS, seeking for ASUS laptop. Since no one in my booth speaks hokkien, I volunteered to take the job. She spoke English as well. Lots of explaining to do.

Fine with me.

Then she went away with satisfactory but looked arund for more offers.


Spotted Jonathan Poh at NC Computer booth, who claimed to be married. Don't know whether it's a joke or not.

Later on I saw Chong, Izaak and Avangelis... and a black Indian from one of the Swinburne Examiners.

The day ended up with my sore feet, at 10.30pm.



Day 2 - Sunday (5/4)

I slept late in the morning, about 2am, concluded by missing my early morning Sunday church. (Forgive me, oh Almighty One.)

I gone to Permata Car Park with my roommate's friend's old Saga. BTW, Ezra forgot his Exhibitor Pass when he went to the church at 7.45am.

Eventually, he got in somehow.


I was told that the RM 3299 ASUS laptop was sold out in OneTJ, who I thought was the Hokkien auntie. She'll miss the extra promotional gifts however, cause it's bought from a no-offer place. Unless she booked it in the PC Fair. She wanted me to compare the specs and price honestly.

That's what she kept on saying.

"Honestly."


"This day I'll open up the same program. While another displays some music."

Avril Lavigne's concert was played by a RM 2999 ASUS laptop, which includes Altech Lansing built-in speakers.

One word.

Cool...

Later by that time, Tauke used 'Vicker' mini speakers to boost up the music effects... while boosting up his sales.


Suddenly... Calvin and Anderson passed by...

"Hi!" followed by "Where's Ezra?"

A few minutes later, Lester with Kang Hong showed up. Again.

"Hey!", continued with "Ezra leh?"

Knew it...
While Jonathan Poh kept on 'visiting' me.


Lunch was late, skipped my breakfast, equals... nearly gastric. Plus, didn't bring my water bottle cause my only small bottle was thrown away during my 1st day which I forgot to bring it home.

Thirsty... even though they did provide some diluted water, which sucks back our bodies minerals and takes out our healthy form.

Seriously bad.


Since the 1st day, many people kept on buying Dell laptops, instead of ASUS.

Dell are not costly as ASUS but in quality and design, ASUS are more in the lead.

All ASUS did was entertaining, but the result wasn't entertaining at all. Bad for ASUS.

Worst.


Result - Countless Dell laptops were sold out until some out-of-stock, when 3 ASUS laptops were bought.


I was too busy that I forgot to take photos myself. This one was taken by Ezra.

Those red shirts were standing in front of me with ASUS laptops, while on the left side (Dell) stands the green shirt lady (Jacqueline Wong), pink shirt boy (Andy), and Andrew (the tech guy with glasses). There's Cassandra Wong in front of those Dells, who's not in the picture.


"Eh? This is Dell boh."

"Dell is over there." I said, calmly...

They swaped the ASUS display counter with Dell. That explained why above my ASUS laptops showed "DELL". Customers thought I was selling Dell, before they noticed the small "ASUS" logo in the top left corner of the screens. Just because they are truly fascinating in design, and their funny 'liveframe' program in photo effects, adding some misunderstandings.

Families loved it (I mean the photo effects).


After all the fuss in moving those leftover stocks to Bromill branch's CompuWay latterly 9 o'clock, Tauke 'chia' us in Ho Say Liao (hokkien - Finish already in a bad way, or something similar to that).

Me and Ezra in Andrew's car, we saw a group of Malaysia edition SWAT team, taking a MP5 sub machine gun, razing a pub.

That's really
"Ho Say Liao loh... haha~" while laughing with Ezra.

Had a feast by skipping dinner (Tauke's fault). I consider that as my midnight supper instead of late dinner, cause it was more than 11pm.


Conclusion?
It was fun and challenging. Even though it was tiring and I kept on having waist muscle and feet pain (standing for too long), I still can't wait to work as a partimer in PC Fairs.

PS. Didn't see my Goddess visiting PIKOM and I kept on noticing whether she showed up in the Fair, while surprising myself, thought that I saw her or some look-alikes.

PIKOM distributor pass - back view

2 comments:

LESTER TEO said...

hahahaha..if got chance...nest time i will ask ezra..Moi Leh....

u wouldnt be so bored anymore

Mysterious God Of Light said...

Haha~ If we meet next time in PC Fair, which is coming soon on August.