Friday, May 1, 2009

Focus Group - 1st Sem, April

Wednesday - 29 April
I was asked by our female warden, Miss Melissa, as one of the Focus Group Committee in G310.
The tea was great, so was the good food, especially the Chicken-Pie Tarts.

The even greater ones were the complaints I heard from the people, the contributor of Swinburne's wealth - The students themselves.

Lot's of stuff were commented on and requested by the students.

1. Racism
2. Insult
3. Guards
4. Facilities
5. Anti-virus
6. Water Dispenser Filters
7. Services

It seems that the staffs, teachers & guards in Malaysia have something in common... looking down on foreigners, especially dark skins.

We don't say about the local natives, but this happens a lot in my experience. I myself have this kind of attitude once. But I regretted.

They are some fine young lads & ladies from Pakistan, Africa, Kenya & Saudi Arabia. Those people can be friendly, even better than Malaysian, I say.

Since Malaysia has been rated the 3rd last country (in a WORLD list!) which is bad in attitudes, made by "Reader's Digest", I don't see why Malaysian doesn't act like this. That was later confirmed again by our Ex- Prime Minister, Abdullah Badawi.

Even the guards here bully the Pakistanis by only communicate with them with BM, shouting on their faces. I know that those guards are rude, but not with the white Caucasians.

Maybe we Malaysians give those white guys with respects except those in black? Hmm...

The staffs, however, also acted in the same way, same as the teachers. But this happens to a small party of them.

They look down on blacks, seeing them as low-educated beings with not much of a hope. That's what I think in the 1st place.

You can say that they put the locals and whites as their top priority. Setting appointments, personal tutoring, as much as treatments - not equal.


The saddest point is not that:
Puan Sri Laila Taib, the wife of Sarawak Chief Minister Tan Sri Abdul Taib Mahmud passed away at 3.45pm...

Just about half an hour our meeting starts. She would have die faster if she knew that we were having these serious issues. XD
Now that's a real grief.



PS. I saw my Goddess nearly everyday in University, including today! In Spring! Labour Day!

Wow!


Glad that she's fine and healthy, carrying that sweet look. />,<)\ *aahhh~* *Can't forget*

2 comments:

Ellen Kho said...

moi, u hv got awards. check my blog.

Samuel said...

Wah.. . Goddess... XD ^^

You're so lucky.. having Chicken-pies.. always wanted to get my hands on some of those pastries. :D

But do the lecturers and the guards really scold those international students?
Yea, white guys still get more respect from us. Its weird.

So its up to you to represent us oh~~~ XD hehe. Jk jk.