Saturday, October 18, 2008

Public Speaking Contest in Swinburne!

Having the challenging day of the month with my Public Speaking Contest today. Well I managed to get into the Semi-Final, but hey! Everyone was going to the Semi's. Apparently that half of the contestants 'Chickens Out' with that terrible experience, even I thinking of quitting the damn speech.

Nah! Challenge is the best part of my life, what for I quit? Luckily I didn't do so. It was totally cool and fun, I tell you! The contest went very well and free food of course is part of the 'best' parts, haha...

Man! I can tell you that it's tough to beat up these guys but still I found out that there was slight chances to break in... until the 2nd round...

I blasted the 2nd round for 'Most Embarrassing Moment' in my history (mind you that the 1st one is the 'Historical Figure' and I talked about Dr.M.). I totally forgot about my most humiliating moments (p.s. I forgot a lot of things... ), and I just gave out a 15 second speech! (Damn my brain-disk!)

Ashik was doing fine in the morning, and he managed to prepare his speech in the 'early' morning, or should I say... 3am? But hey! Any effort will do as long as he wrote something. And that sacrifice has brought him RM200! He won the 'Most Humorous'-RM50 and 'Champion'-RM150 prizes! Wow! He's so like 'I'm RICH! I'm RICH! at that time, haha... still have his picture motions in my mind now.

These are the nominees: Ashik, Mohamud Naser, Eing Muda, Dabibi, and Irishia Liew.

Mohamud Naser in the Finals- The Zoo
He talked about what he thinks in the zoo, and he realized since in childhood that people should let the animals free, imagining that we are the animals in the other planet, doing something different to attract the 'people' to feed us, but giving away our freedoms.


Steve the Narrotor (or should I say the clown?)- The best speaker award winner in Swinburne's Debate Club, won a few trouphies for our Uni. He can talk almost anything with his talents in speaking. He's my ideal teacher as my public speaking guide. I learnt a lot form him.


Brendan (Not in the Final but the Semi's)- I just took his picture for fun only oh, haha... his blog is Great! Even with foul words! Tempting... for his blog.


Eing Muda in the Finals- Talking about...? I forgot. But I know her topic about the 'First Love' in Semi's, she talked bout her cats, scratching it's belly, loving the cat like her 'First Love' boyfriend. Suddenly most of the boys like to be her cat. It's quite a laugh by that time. Oh yeah! She's one of the stress giver when Ashik saw her weraing formal and carrying her laptop like office woman, so damn serious.


Ashik talking rubbish- Yup! He's the winner in all. He can talk like the speed of a train if he's energetic and furious. His humor had brought quite an interest for us. God bless you, Ashik! Keep up the good 'shitty' talks (that's what he said when I asked him why he's not joining the Public Speaking Contest? He repiled, 'I can talk fast, but I talk shit.') Now the 'shit' becomes the 'gold'.


Irishia Liew in the Finals- 'Seize the day', what is seize the day anyway? It means 'go for it'. She just found out the meaning after she finished her speech and asked Nazer bout it... -,-lll


Stevie in action- While teasing him for 'proposing his girlfriend's father' in the room after the whole Finals ended. He tried to talk how the girl was, and persuading us for the marriage part. We do learn a lot at that part though.


Dabibi the Black Asker- He 'judged as a father' for the 'girlfriend' part. 'You are making not only the father sleeps, but the girlfriend too'...haha. He did well as the 1st runner up in the Novice catagory.

Ashik keeps on fearing Dabibi, Eing Muda and Naser for nothing. He thanked Naser for teaching him the Goods & Bads. And he did act 'dramatically' when fake-crying. He's a great guy to be with and I'll shall appreciate his accompany.

No comments: